Chicken and dumplings
- 2 Chicken Breasts on bone... typically the split with bones in them
- Bak Choy
- Onion Powder (Fresh Onions would be fine)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2.5 Tbsp Baking Powder.
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- Season the chicken with some onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat them with flour brown with olive oil.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes and bak choy. The veggies can be to your liking; I particularly like these.
- Add water to about half way up the contents.
- let simmer for about an hour.
- In a bowl mix in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the butter.
- Add 1 cup of milk and mix well.
- When chicken is almost cooked, plop pieces of dough on top of stew.
- Cover for 15 minutes.
.... an hour and fifteen minutes after all of this wonderful aroma in the apartment...